Creating New Jewelry from Old
November 28, 2018
I finally wore out the chain for my favorite pendant. Instead of repairing it, (already did that once) I decided it was time to scrap the chain. What resulted was a simple pair of earrings that would make a perfect small gift.
- 1 length of chain
- several small jump rings
- several headpins or thin wire scraps
- 2 earwires
- 2 large beads
- 2 small beads
- flat nose and round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Cut the clasp off the old chain (if applicable) and cut the chain into desired size pieces.
- Take a thin 1 1/2 inch long headpin and snip off the head (or use a small length of wire). String the ends of the chain pieces through the wire.
- Make a small triangle or loop where the chain will dangle and secure the top of the wire into another loop, wrapping around the other half of the wire to close the loop. Trim off excess wire. Attach a small jump ring to the top loop.
- Make an eye-pin out of another length of wire. String the beads on the pin and then loop and close where you want the top to go. Add a jump ring to this part. Attach the ear wire from the jump ring.
- Secure the links together and then do the same for the other earring.
- That's all!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 30, 20180 found this helpful
A nice recycle. Super pretty :)
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.