Buying Vintage Jewelry Instead Of New

Jewelry can be quite expensive to buy new. Searching for vintage jewelry at thrift stores and resale shops may lead you to finding a lovely piece for much less. Minor repairs can often bring it back to like new appearance. This is a page about buying vintage jewelry instead of new.

At the beginning of our relationship, my husband would buy me one nice piece of jewelry for Christmas. When we actually married, we couldn't afford to buy a brand new engagement ring. I found one I loved at a pawn shop for $500, and it appraised for $3500. My husband always wanted to upgrade me to something nicer.

On our 5 year anniversary, he did! A good friend introduced him to a local jeweler. They also buy back jewelry from people. Because they can buy it back cheaper, they can sell it cheaper. Spending the money he'd been saving, my husband was able to buy me an engagement ring valued at 3 times what he paid.

It is a beautiful ring and I love it! I frequently receive compliments on it. Now all of my jewelry is bought from the same jeweler. I have nice things to pass on to my children at a fraction of the cost.

By Mistie from Baton Rouge

Some of the prettiest jewelry, can be purchased at thrift stores for less than pennies on the dollar. If you discover a bracelet or necklace with a missing link or a lost clasp, a few moments can repair them like new. Inexpensive findings (links and clasps) can be purchased at craft stores, or on line at jewelry supply sites.

In many instances, the people at the thrift store will let you have those pieces for twenty five or fifty cents, because to them it is merely a broken piece of jewelry. They do not have the time to worry about them, and are glad to be rid of them.

By willow fahy from Philadelphia

A few years ago, vintage jewelry was much easier to find in places like thrift stores and much less expensive. Now what I can find for a reasonable price usually has some flaws. I get past that by restoring the pieces.

Need new jewelry? Buy vintage jewelry instead. A lot of energy is being used making new jewelry. Also there are a lot of chemicals used in the mining process.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 14, 2019
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf57947048.tip.html