Creative Ideas for Displaying Keepsakes

This is not quite what you would call a tip or hint, but this might help someone else going through what I am.

Recently, I had to move far away from my four children and eleven grandchildren due to my medical illnesses. To help me remember them, the best was to put up a few small things I have that belong to each of my amazing grandchildren and the plaque you see. I purchased it three Christmases ago, one for each of my kids' families and one for mine. This I treasure.

"God Bless" anyone who has family living away from you. You have my blessings. If anyone here has any good ideas for me, please post them. Thank you.

3 More Solutions

This is a super easy craft and an attractive way to display unusual collectibles. I made the ivy bowl (see below) to display crystals that Ed (my husband) and Anna found and gave to me from a hike in the woods.

Keepsakes in an ivy bowl.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

We have a few show dogs and I am decorating the spare bedroom (dog room) to put up our dog pictures, rewards and memorabilia. Any ideas on how to decorate, paint, etc?

Lynn from Tennessee

Answers

I saw this the other day on tv and though you would probably have to go larger, I think this method would showcase the awards fantastic. They used a contrasting color from opposite walls in a room to paint color blocks on the opposing walls. Then they took white molding to make a frame around the painted block of color, and then put the couple's artwork inside. It really makes it pop and stand out and it looks great! I think this would work for your room. You'll have to watch all the way to end to see the results, but check out this video on Rachael Ray's website.

www.rachaelrayshow.com/.../paint-job-intervention

Good luck!

Answer this Question
Crafts MiscellaneousMarch 26, 2014
🐛
👒
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Creative-Ideas-for-Displaying-Keepsakes.html