Crispy Parmesan Eggs
If you love cheese, this is a great way to change up your eggs in the morning. Cooking the cheese in butter and heavy cream right under the eggs gives this one-pan dish an amazing cheesy layer, very reminiscent of au gratin potatoes. The eggs will cook perfectly on top, and when you cut into them, you'll get a little of both. It is oh so good!
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- Mix together the cheese, cream, and most of the parsley. Reserve a bit for garnish.
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a small skillet until melted and browned.
- Pour in the cheese mixture and spread across the pan. Let it cook for about 90 seconds.
- Crack your eggs on top of the cheese mixture.
- Cook until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny.
- Now cover the skillet with a lid and allow to cook until yolks are set to how you like them. I cooked mine for 2 minutes then shut the heat off and let them sit for a minute.
- Use a spatula to remove the whole thing in one go or serve in skillet. Check out the lovely layer on the bottom. Serve with some bread or veg. Yum!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!