Making a Crochet Cell Phone Hanger

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

completed phone hangerWith a plastic or wooden ring, like a bangle, you can make this to keep your charger and phone in one place.

Total Time: 1-2 hours

Yield: 1

Source: I saw this on Pinterest from Debbie Yorst and DIY Hooks and Yarns. Thanks Debbie! I modified it a bit for my own usage.

• 1 plastic ring about 2.5-3.0 inches in diameter ($.25)
  • 1 size I hook ($0)
  • 1 scissors ($0)
  • 1 darning needle ($0)

1. Test your charger to make sure the ring is bigger. This is key. I used a single strand of yarn and a double strand of crochet thread, used to keep the yarn from stretching. I call this "Tharn".
  2. With the plastic ring, slip the hook inside and catch your cast on loop. Make a single crochet in the ring and continue till you have filled it. Mine was about 50. Yours might be less or more depending on the size of the ring.
  3. Crochet Cell Phone Hanger

4. When you have joined, chain 3 and make a double in the first stitch, a half double in the next, a single in the next two, a slip stitch in the next two, then reverse the order. You should have 12 stitches. The work will round a bit, but by the next row, it should even out. NOTE: Keep in mind the 12 count is for my phone. Make yours accordingly by leaving at least 2 stitches on either side of the cell so it will fit easily.
  5. Advertisement

6. For the next row, make a chain 2, half double, then singles across and make a half double in the last 2. From here on, it's singles back and forth till the length of the "pocket" is achieved.
  7. Crochet Cell Phone Hanger

8. Continue on now until the cell you are making it for can fit. When you fold it up, it should expose the port where the charger goes into without fiddling with it. I left almost an inch so I can grab it quick.
  9. Crochet Cell Phone Hanger

10. Leave an 8" or more tail to sew up the sides. Simply fold it over and sew down one side, weaving your needle and "Tharn" across the bottom to sew up the other side. Bind off the tails and tie them in the inside or the back.
  11. Crochet Cell Phone Hanger

12. Use it to keep your charger and phone handy and always in the same place. N-JOY!

Crafts CrochetDecember 6, 2016
👔
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crochet-Cell-Phone-Hanger.html