Making a Crocheted Coin Purse

Category Purses
Crochet Keychain Mini-Coin Purse
Keep all your change together in this sweet little coin purse. This is a guide about making a crocheted coin purse.

Do you ever find yourself hunting for quarters when you're out and about? I do! One of the grocery stores I shop at regularly requires that you insert a quarter into the shopping carts in order to use them. My kids love gumball/toy machines, but I never have change for them. And heaven forbid I need to park in front of a meter.

This is quick, fun, and will ensure that I always have a few quarters on hand. I am finding it very useful, hopefully you will too!:)

Total Time: About 20 minutes

• tiny amounts #4 worsted weight yarn
  • "h" crochet hook
  • scissors
  • embroidery needle for weaving in ends
  • button

1. Ch 8, 2 dc in the 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each of the next 3 ch, 3 dc in the last ch. Now rotate your work so that you can crochet down the other side of your ch.
  2. 1 dc in each of the next 3 ch, join to the top of the ch 3.
  3. Ch 2, dc in the same space as your ch and each stitch around. Join to your first dc.
  4. Ad

5. Repeat the last row once.
  6. Slip stitch in the next 2 stitches, ch 2, dc in the next 5 stitches.
  7. Ad

8. Ch 2, turn, dc in the next 5 dc. Fasten off.
  9. Now for your handy little strap that will allow you to slip it onto your key ring. Join your yarn in the first stitch to the left of your flap. Ch 12.
  10. Ad

11. Join with a slip stitch to the opposing empty stitch directly next to the flap, end off.
  12. Sew a small button to the front of your tiny purse. This will just push through the flap and secure your quarters.
  13. Ad

14. See?
  15. I couldn't help thinking that this would make a cute Barbie doll purse too.