Plarn Coin Purse
Versatile plarn can be used in a wide variety of knit and crochet projects, including making a cute coin purse. This is a guide about making a plarn coin purse.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Square coin purse made from grocery plastic bag. With this craft, I reduced plastic garbage going into the environment.
Approximate Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- plarn (grocery plastic bag cut into strips)
- thread or sewing yarn
- size E crochet hook
- sewing needle
- 5-6 inches zipper
- Start ch 18
- Round 1: *1 dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in each ch up to the last ch, 5 dc in the last ch, working back loops in opposite side, dc in each ch up to the last ch, 5 dc in the last ch then sl st tog *
- Round 2: *ch 2, dc in each st up to the last ch then sl st tog *
- Round 3 to 8: Rep. round 2. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Round 9: (Use yarn instead of plarn so that you could easily sew the zipper in it) Join to round 8 *ch 2, dc in each st up to the last st. Sl st tog *. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Sew the zipper by hand in round 9, using sewing thread and needle.
- start ch 5, sl st to join to make a ring
- to make the 1st to 5th petal: ch 4, 1sc
- sl st to the 1st petal hole, ch 2, 3 dc, sl st
- sl st to the 2nd petal hole,ch 2, 3dc, sl st
- sl st to the 3rd petal hole, ch 2, 3dc, sl st
- sl st to the 4th petal hole, ch 2, 3 dc, sl st
- sl st to the 5th petal hole, ch 2, 3dc, sl st. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Using sack needle and plarn as thread, sew the flower into the coinpurse.
By Nelly from Estacada, OR
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
September 13, 20130 found this helpful
How wide are the strips of plarn for the coin purse? How do you join the strips together in one strip to do the crocheting? Where in the first Rd do you turn your work?
By Jeanne from Peoria, AZAnswer this Question...