Crochet Toilet Lid Cover and Painted Bathroom Accessories

I have been taking out the black and red from the bathroom and replacing it with accessories in soft green and cream. The first step was making a toilet lid cover.

Total Time: 5 hours

1. I have the before and after shots for the little things I repainted. Most were red and black before. But I did them after the crocheting.
  2. I crocheted 20 and measured it to make sure it was the right size. My stitch was linen, which is chain 1, skip 1, make a single crochet in the next chain.
  3. Continue this step till your have the length you want. If you want a border like I had, just use the single strand and crochet a single in each stitch on the end and up the edges.
  4. Work in your tails and you are done. I sat my old medicine cabinet mirrors on the back and hung a cream colored faux pearl necklace on it. Then I found some pretty soaps and a cream snail. I think it really looks nice.
  5. I gathered some little frames, snails, shoes, and tins I had that were in need of new paint. They were all going to be painted a soft green that I had to create on my own, mixing deep olive green with cream.
  6. Once the paint was mixed, I put the first coat on and let it set overnight. You don't have to let it sit that long, but I was ready for bed.
  7. Then the second coat goes on. If you need to, put on a third coat. Your work will have a dull finish. Then spray it with shellac and let it dry. I let mine dry about 1 hour. I embellished the big shoe with a pretty button and set them up where they were before. Adding some pretty faux flowers helps, too. N-JOY!

Crafts Home DecorJuly 20, 2017
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crochet-Toilet-Lid-Cover-and-Painted-Bathroom-Accessories.html