Making a Crocheted Itsy Bitsy Bow
These tiny crocheted bows can be used for crafts, on clothing, or as fashion accessories. This is a guide about making a crocheted itsy bitsy bow
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute little, itsy bitsy bow. In about 10 minutes time, you will have a sweet little bow to accessorize with. You can hot glue a spring clip to the back or you can hot glue a pin to the back to wear it on a coat or purse.
I chose to simply slip a bobby pin through the back so that I can pin it easily into my little girl's hair. These are quick, fun, and easy! They are great as "almost" free gifts for those cute little girls in your life.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: The more the better!:)
- H crochet hook
- scraps of worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle
- bobby pin
- Ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each across. You will now have 7 sc.
- Ch1, turn. Sc in same space as ch 1 and each stitch till end.
- Repeat last row 2 more times.
- Do not fasten off. Weave your long tail along the back of your strip until your end is centered.
- Pinch your strip in the center to make a bow shape.
- Taking your long end, wrap it around the center numerous times until you are satisfied with your bow.
- Turn your bow around, weave your end with your needle into the middle of the wrapped area.
- Knot your end close to your work a couple of times. Weave end in again and cut.
- Slide a bobby pin through the back and you are in business!:)
- How fun! Enjoy.
August 25, 20150 found this helpful
This little crocheted bow makes a cute accent to a barrette, headband, scarf or hat.