Crockpot Green Beans and New Potatoes
Fresh green beans and new potatoes can be prepared in your slow cooker. The lengthy cooking process helps to blend the flavors, creating a hearty main dish. This is a guide about preparing crockpot green beans and new potatoes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy and tasty way to fix green beans and new potatoes. It can be prepped the night before, put in the crockpot to slowcook all day long, and be ready to eat when you return from work.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 to 9 hours
- 2-3 lb fresh green beans
- 1-2 lb new potatoes
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Wash greenbeans and new potatoes.
- Snap greenbeans into 2 inch pieces, remove ends and wash once more.
- Dice onion.
- Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Layer greenbeans, onion and bacon in crockpot. Slow cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours add the new potatoes.* Depending on size, you may wish to cut in half. Continue to cook another 3-4 hours.
- Stir and serve when all is tender. We like to have ours with homemade bread and homemade grape jelly. All are products of our farm or kitchen.
*You can add the new potatoes at the beginning, but sometimes they can get mushy, so we add the potatoes halfway through.
August 16, 20180 found this helpful
I do this and add a small ham slice for a complete meal.