Crunchy Fried Shrimp Recipe
Fry up some crunchy shrimp as a delicious appetizer for your next party or gathering. This page contains crunchy fried shrimp recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Slicing wonton wrappers into thin strips before wrapping and frying your shrimp makes them extra crunchy and much less chewy. Dip them into this sweet and spicy homemade Sriracha mayo and you'll be in heaven!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 pack wonton wrappers
- 1 lb medium-large shrimp, shelled with tails on
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Sriracha, brown sugar, and rice vinegar.
- Cut a small stack of wonton wrappers into thin strips. Place the rest under a damp paper towel so they don't dry out.
- Get your workstation ready with a bowl of water, the wonton strips, and shrimp.
- Working with one shrimp at a time, dampen and wrap with wonton strips from the tail end up. They should look like little mummies. Place each wrapped shrimp under a damp paper towel as you work on the rest.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook both sides until browned, about 3 minutes per shrimp in total. Work in batches as not to overcrowd the pan.
- Drain shrimp on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately with Sriracha mayo dipping sauce.
Perfect platter to bring to a party! We brought this to a Mother's Day party recently.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.