Curried Okra and Potatoes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
April 27, 2020
This is a tasty meal that also has some great health benefits. I love okra for many reasons, and one of them being it's great for blood sugar levels. The turmeric in this dish is also fantastic for it, too. I hope you give this dish a try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups okra
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cover potatoes with water and microwave on high for 4 minutes. This will partially cook them and remove some of their starch.
- While the potatoes are going, heat a large greased pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and add to pan. Add okra. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper. Add garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, and butter. Cook until potatoes are golden and okra is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.