Curried Okra and Potatoes
Partially cooked cubed potatoes, chopped onions, and whole okra are fried and seasoned with turmeric, garlic, and curry. Serve with chutney if desired. The easy to follow recipe can be found on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a tasty meal that also has some great health benefits. I love okra for many reasons, and one of them being it's great for blood sugar levels. The turmeric in this dish is also fantastic for it, too. I hope you give this dish a try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups okra
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cover potatoes with water and microwave on high for 4 minutes. This will partially cook them and remove some of their starch.
- While the potatoes are going, heat a large greased pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and add to pan. Add okra. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper. Add garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, and butter. Cook until potatoes are golden and okra is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.