Custom Bathroom Door Design

Category Bathroom
With an outdoor bathing space you can add a bathroom door with a custom design. Acrylic paint and wooden slats turned this framed plastic panel into a work of art.

Most people have an indoor bathroom with a standard size door. However, that is not the case where I live. When we designed and built our home we decided that we wanted a tropical outdoor bathroom for our home. We made our bathroom out of lava rocks that we gathered in the river. We used a coral tile in the bathroom and the opening was too large for a standard door so we made our own. My boyfriend constructed the frame using 1x2 lumber and we added a colored plastic panel to the door. Recently I decided the door needed a brand new look. I decided to give the door a designer paint job to fit the décor of my garden.

Total Time: 12 Hours

Yield: 1 Custom Door

• 80 thin wooden slat blinds
  • nails
  • acrylic paint, variety of colors
  • paintbrushes
  • varnish

1. I had a wooden slat blind that the cord was broken on so I took this apart. I then nailed the slats to the bathroom door. You just need to nail the top, middle and bottom of the slat to the door frame.
  2. Advertisement

3. Now choose the design you want to add to the door. You can look around online and get some ideas what you want the design to look like. I already knew I was going to paint a coconut tree on my door. I live in the tropics and this was the perfect design for the door and was perfect for my garden.
  4. Choose the colors of paint you want for your design. You can either draw the design on the door first or just free-hand paint your design. I just free-hand painted the design on my door.
  5. Once the paint has fully dried you will need to apply 2 to 3 coats of varnish to the door. This protects the door from the elements. If your door is inside of your home one coat of varnish should do the trick.
  6. Advertisement

I absolutely love it! You did a wonderful job and definitely fits the nature/tropical vibe.

Thank you so much.

That is gorgeous!
Marg from England.

Thank you so much.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomMarch 13, 2020
🍀
🌻
🐰