Custom Width Vinyl Soffit to Cover Existing Wood

We have carpenter bees in this area. Despite the fact that the soffit was painted in the fall, the bees are boring holes in it. I'd like to cover the existing soffit with vinyl since carpenter bees shouldn't bore through that. The issue I have is the soffit on our house is 14" wide, 17" by windows, and the widest I can find is 12". I am looking for suggestions on how to proceed. Also, since I'm temporarily between jobs, I don't want to, nor can I, spend thousands of dollars, so this is a DIY project. And since I'm covering existing soffit, it's a lot easier than a new installation. I would prefer vinyl to cover the existing wood.

You can actually replace the entire wood soffit with vinyl. Instructions are here www.doityourself.com/.../how-to-replace-a-wood-soffit-with...

🐛
🌻
📓