Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser product is very good. However; it is a little expensive. I have found that by cutting each pad in half, I get twice the cleaning. One half will clean the bathtub, or countertop, or shoes, etc. Often times you need a clean one to clean a different item. So half is just enough.

By Margeth from Michigan

Answers:

Getting More Out of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

Great idea...thank you! I also do this with SOS pads...the box lasts me months...lol :) (03/13/2006)

By Katie

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

Hi, I also found a generic "Eraser" at my Dollar Store, Cheers, Roz (04/20/2007)

By Roz Graham

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

I don't know about them lasting longer but I cut mine in half because they are just easier for me to use in a smaller size. I have small hands and it just fits my hand better, half the size. I once cut one in 1/4's too when I was cleaning stained tile grout. In that size you can get into the grout much more easily. (04/20/2007)

By Debbie Dzurilla

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

I buy "green scrubbies" at the dollar store(8 pack). And I cut those in half, for scrubbing dishes (and a washcloth for washing). I have heard great things about magic erasers, but they cost about 2.00 a pack(with coupons) and the liquid cleaner is often .50 with coupon. Are the magic erasers a one time use thing? (04/20/2007)

By Heather

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

Starchild, I have found Magic Erasers to be a decent price at Wal-Mart. It is under $2 for pkg of 2 and I bought quite a few with coupons. As you use them, they just sort of "go away"....they disintegrate or something but you use a while and rinse out and use again. You always have to wet it. Eventually you are down to a small piece. I have never yet tried any other brands of these erasers as I got so many cheap with coupons and am still using those. They are great for lots of cleaning chores, that's for sure. (04/20/2007)

By Debbie Dzurilla