Magic Eraser Left Marks

Category Miscellaneous
front of box
These erasers can be helpful to remove a variety of things, but can leave a residue on some surfaces. This is a guide about Magic Eraser left marks.

My daughter used the Magic Eraser on dark painted walls. It has left a white residue. I tried going back over it with a sponge but it is still there. She made a few smiley faces with the eraser. We weren't smiling too much. Please help.

Jdeuel from Cincinnati

Contact the company and ask for their advice.

I had the same thing happen to me but on a table/bench seat and all I did was wipe it off with a damp cloth.

I will never do that again.

Zig

Are you sure it is residue? The Mr. Clean Sponge is abrasive and may have scratched down to the paint below. You may need to repaint. Good luck!

One rule that often works is 'like dissolves like' Try using a new Mr. Clean eraser to break up the white marks (try a small spot first so it doesn't get worse) and then immediately wipe off the residue. The eraser should dissolve the marks that are already there so that they can be wiped away.

Be careful with this product I had used permabond glue for my car window rain shield it leaked down on to the paint of my new shiny car. I went on the internet. People were raving about this pin that they had used on their car for the same thing. It took the glue off. Some where it told me not to, that it would scratch. I thought these people were aware of it, went and bought some.

It not only did nothing for the glue mark, but now have micro scratches all over my car very upset that I didn't listen to my inner voice that said "no, don't try it". It's not a cure. You may as well get a sponge and some sort of everyday cleaner just read the instructions very carefully.

I have worn hardwood floors and made the mistake of using a Magic Eraser to take off scuff marks, big mistake. Now I am looking for suggestions to cover the cloudy white spots.

By littlebeth from Ontario, Canada

I think if they are scuffed spots you can rub a walnut on them. I've heard that it covers scratches, so hopefully it will work for you. Good luck!

Could it be that the Magic Eraser removed the wax? Maybe the floor needs to be stripped and re-waxed.

I did the same thing. I used Miniwax cleaner and then the hardwood riviver and they were gone. Follow the utube video. I also used the low gloss version of the reviver. I had to order it online.

There is a faded white mark where I used a Magic Eraser Extra Strength on my client's wood floor. I want to spot fix it with Bona High Gloss. Can I do that? I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible to fix.

By Nonya

I would try rubbing mayonnaise on it first. Make sure it is mayonnaise and not salad dressing or not low fat mayo.

I am not sure how to fix it, but I think what has happened is that you have removed the surface on the flooring. Magic Eraser is an abrasive, and doesn't leave marks. It works by "sanding" off the soap scum or stain or whatever. It would be similar to a bleach "stain" - not a stain at all, but a removing of the original color. You will have to somehow recolor the area. Because we don't know for sure what type of flooring, it is almost impossible to give advice.

How do I remove the marks my child made on our dining room table?

By Megan L.