Cutting Fabric Tips and Tricks

Category Fabric
Someone cutting light blue fabric with scissors.
Many crafts utilize fabric. There are many tips that you can employ that will help make cutting your fabric easier. This is a guide about cutting fabric tips and tricks.

I do a lot of quilting. When I square up my blocks, I always have a lot of lint and little fabric pieces left on my cutting mat. I use a lint brush to get the mat fuzz free again. I also use both sides of my cutting mat.

By Gabriele from CO

Flower Pots

I placed 5 8-inch plastic flower pots on top of my table and put a piece of plywood on top of the flowerpots. You don't have to lift the table and the plywood is light and easy to handle. I store the plywood on the tabletop covered with a tablecloth when not in use. Buy the height of pot you need. Use 5 instead of 4 to keep the plywood from sagging.

By Marianne

Raising a Craft Table

If you must use your dining room table as a cutting table when you are sewing, you probably get a back ache from leaning over the table. My mother did a lot of sewing, and she found a solution for this problem. Go to your pantry and gather up 4 cans of vegetables of the same size. Set one under each table leg. This raises the table to a more comfortable level.

By Harlean from Arkansas

Building a Raised Craft Table

Get two kitchen cabinets from Lowes, Home Depot, or used. You will want the tall ones that create a table that is a height that is easy on your back. Then put an old flat door on top of them. You can leave it set up or you can take the door off and take it out only when you need to use it.

By Cindi