DIY Brush Cleansing Palette
A repurposed plastic lid and some hot glue is all you need to make an economical makeup brush cleansing palette. This is a guide about DIY brush cleansing palette
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Save yourself upwards of $15 buying a brush cleansing palette and make your own. I used a durable plastic lid and hot glue to make this version. It works brilliantly on my delicate makeup brushes! You can substitute the lid with a dollar shop cutting board, a clipboard, or several other similar items.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 palette
- 1 lid or board
- hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Make sure you start with a super clean surface. You will be cleaning your brushes on this so you need a perfect base.
- If you have several different sized and shaped brushes like I do, you'll want a wide variety of bump and line protrusions to get to every type. Here I start out with smaller dots for small brushes.
- Then move on to bigger dots for bigger brushes.
- Zig zag lines are great, too.
- And hot glue lines doubled in height for bigger brushes.
- Let cool for a minute then it's ready for use. Use your favorite brush cleanser and warm water and circle your brushes on your board. Wash with soapy water thoroughly after each use.
February 20, 20160 found this helpful
Such a great recycling idea!
February 24, 20160 found this helpful
My face is really happy with this, too! :)