DIY Clothes Hanger Wind Chime
Make an easy, pretty wind chime from a metal clothes hanger and some bells. This project results in a subtle chime sound; perfect for the patio or garden. The instructions and supplies list follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love the subtle sound of a wind chime. The sound can be created to be as subtle or as loud as the pieces you use to create your chime. I chose to use one of my favorite sounds (bells). I found these bells on clearance, but most craft stores carry them year around. These were a nice size and in my favorite colors.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 wire hangers
- transite bead string (or thin dental floss)
- spray paint - optional
- Spray paint your hangers, if you choose to color them.
- Allow to dry.
- Take your string and cut to different lengths.
- String your bells, making sure it is knotted at the base of the bells.
- At the base of your hanger, begin tying on your bells, knotting at the base of your hanger.
- Trim access string for a cleaner look.
- Hang in garden or wherever you like and enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.