DIY Clothes Hanger Wind Chime
Make an easy, pretty wind chime from a metal clothes hanger and some bells. This project results in a subtle chime sound; perfect for the patio or garden. The instructions and supplies list follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love the subtle sound of a wind chime. The sound can be created to be as subtle or as loud as the pieces you use to create your chime. I chose to use one of my favorite sounds (bells). I found these bells on clearance, but most craft stores carry them year around. These were a nice size and in my favorite colors.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 wire hangers
- transite bead string (or thin dental floss)
- spray paint - optional
- Spray paint your hangers, if you choose to color them.
- Allow to dry.
- Take your string and cut to different lengths.
- String your bells, making sure it is knotted at the base of the bells.
- At the base of your hanger, begin tying on your bells, knotting at the base of your hanger.
- Trim access string for a cleaner look.
- Hang in garden or wherever you like and enjoy!
February 4, 20190 found this helpful
i like it but the bells will rust. there is no way to spray them because then you would stop the ringing.
February 4, 20192 found this helpful
I also love the rustic look that comes from that idea, they make them in stores wit that finish, Thanks
January 27, 20200 found this helpful
The balls are aluminum. And if outdoor exposure is an issue, they can be replaced. I love this idea!!