How to Make a Bamboo Wind Chime
Bamboo is a traditional material for wind chimes, making a soothing sound as they move together. Add this motion and sound to your garden or patio.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I wanted to create a small zen garden next to our deck. It needed something extra, hmmmm, a wind chime! I created a bamboo wind chime to give my garden area a relaxing flare, very simple!
Total Time: 1 hr.
- bead wire
- large needle
- leather trim
- My bamboo came in a 4 foot length. I needed a bar piece to sting from. This piece will be approximately 9 inches. 6 holes were drilled into the 9 inch piece from top to bottom, so the needle and wire could be pulled through the holes.
- 6 pieces of bamboo were cut to different lengths: 4, 6, and 8 inch lengths.
- With your drill, lay down pieces and drill approximately 1 1/2 inches from the top of each one.
- With your large needle threaded and knotted, run thread through your cut pieces, knot leaving enough string in different lengths on each one.
- Run your knotted pieces through your 9 inch bar and knot to secure. Repeat.
- For a decorative look leather twine was wrapped around the edges and looped for a hanger.