Making a Recycled Key Wind Chime
Take some old keys from long forgotten or lost padlocks, wrecked and binned suitcases, your granny's replaced wooden front door, and the key to untold riches which never quite fitted the lock and make them bright and colorful. Tie them and hang them to make beautiful music when the cold windy weather would otherwise make you miserable.
- an old stick, twig of a tree, a pencil, or a chopstick
- gorgeous ribbons and braids
- unwanted previously loved keys
- acrylic paint and a brush or nail varnish/polish
- Paint your keys. Nail varnish will work better than acrylic paint.
- You will need much patience waiting for several coats to dry. See how I have recycled breakfast cereal packaging to protect my work surface. This has a feel good effect even if it doesn't do much to save the planet.
- Tie ribbons and braids to the keys
- Tie the other ends to your stick I used a spent raspberry cane which worked nicely.
- Tie a final cord for hanging
- Dangle and enjoy.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.