Make a Wind Chime with Old Beads and Jewelry

Category Windchimes
You can make a pretty, unique wind chime with leftover craft beads and odd pieces of jewelry. This is a guide about make a wind chime with old beads and jewelry.

I recently put together a rather pretty hanger/wind chime for the patio using lots of leftover beads, old odd earrings, bits of old brooches and necklaces, and some colored glass pieces from a broken wind chime. I grabbed a piece of driftwood that was in the garden, drilled six holes through the middle evenly spaced apart.

Using 6 strands of colored jewelry wire, approximately 18 inches (45cm) in length, I threaded on all the bits and pieces randomly with the pre-drilled glass at the bottom. I left a bit of wire at the top, threaded it through each of the holes, secured it with some good knots, and voila! a really pretty wind chime.

So easy a child could make one, and great for using up all those odd beads, plastic flowers, metal do-dads, etc. cluttering up your jewelry and craft boxes. If you don't have many larger things to thread on, just space them apart by knotting the colored wire. They still look great and sparkle beautifully in the light. Have fun!

By Vicki7857 from Yeppoon, Queensland, Australia

Top Comment

Looks like something right out of my garden, if I had thought of it. So pretty, as a jewelry maker, driftwood collector and wind chime lover what more could I ask. Just gorgeous. A picture truly is worth a thousand words. Thanks. My flower garden will thank you also when I get mine made!

I love that idea! Looks so pretty, thanks for sharing. :)

Wow! I love it! Thank you for this wonderful craft idea, I will make one with my daughter.

I love that you used things you had just laying around! Very creative!