Making A Bamboo Wind Chime
I wanted to create a small zen garden next to our deck. It needed something extra, hmmmm, a wind chime! I created a bamboo wind chime to give my garden area a relaxing flare, very simple!
Total Time: 1 hr.
- bead wire
- large needle
- leather trim
- My bamboo came in a 4 foot length. I needed a bar piece to sting from. This piece will be approximately 9 inches. 6 holes were drilled into the 9 inch piece from top to bottom, so the needle and wire could be pulled through the holes.
- 6 pieces of bamboo were cut to different lengths: 4, 6, and 8 inch lengths.
- With your drill, lay down pieces and drill approximately 1 1/2 inches from the top of each one.
- With your large needle threaded and knotted, run thread through your cut pieces, knot leaving enough string in different lengths on each one.
- Run your knotted pieces through your 9 inch bar and knot to secure. Repeat.
- For a decorative look leather twine was wrapped around the edges and looped for a hanger.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.