DIY Decorative Stone Cactus

Category Decorations
Painting rocks is a pastime that has become popular lately. Put your painting skills to work and create this fun decorative stone cactus; no green thumb required for this beauty.

My parents tease me because I've always been such a lousy gardener. They say I've got a touch that could kill a cactus. This craft is in their honour: a cactus plant I can't possibly ruin because it's made of stone! You can make this cute little forever-plant with items you may already have around the home.

Total Time: 1 hour

• a few oval stones
  • acrylic paint in green shades
  • acrylic paint in white
  • paint brush
  • fine tip paint brush
  • pebbles
  • moss
  • mini pom pom balls (optional)
  • hot glue gun (optional)

1. Paint your oval stones in different shades of green. Allow to dry.
  2. Advertisement

3. Flip over and paint the other sides. Allow to dry.
  4. Use your fine tip paintbrush to add lines and details in other shades of green.
  5. Add X marks and dots in white paint to make little prickles.
  6. Fill the pot 3/4s of the way with pebbles. Add the cactus stones inside, then use moss to prop them into place. If you'd like to make cactus flowers, hot glue mini pom pom balls on the tops of the stones.
  7. Advertisement

i love this idea. i'm also a lousy gardener and have killed a cactus or two. going to start looking for some stones to turn into cacti.

Lousy gardeners unite! Perhaps one day we will have greener thumbs, but for now, let the green paint be why they are green! ;) Have fun with this!

Anonymous

That is so cute, I can't wait to make one myself. You are so talented Attosa and such an inspiration.
Thank you :)

That is so cute, I can't wait to make one myself!
You are so talented and such and inspiration Attosa.

Thank you :)

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJanuary 17, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-18 22:06:58 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️