DIY Quick Glass Gem Decoration
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
October 10, 2011
We recently had a work function and I needed to make some quick table decorations, without breaking the bank in the process, and within a limited amount of time. Here's how I managed to do this!
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- glass fish bowl
- bag of glass gems (metallic clear)
- 500g (17.6 ounces) bottle of pink-colored decorative glass sand
- 2-3 suitable flowers (I used cerise-colored gerberas) ~ the quantity of flowers needed will depend on the size of the fish bowl
- two to three 2" cream-colored floating candles
- pair of standard scissors
- water to fill the fish bowl
- Put the glass gems in the bottom of the fish bowl.
- Add the decorative glass sand and mix the sand with the glass gems.
- Fill the fish bowl up to 2 inches from the top with clear water. When filling the bowl, some of the glass sand might be disturbed and float to the top, but it will settle at the bottom of the bowl again.
- Cut off the stems of the flowers, cut them off as close as possible to the base of the flower.
- Place the flowers in the fish bowl.
- Add the floating candles.
- Set the table with a suitably colored table cloth, overlay, and serviettes.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.