This is an easy to make recipe for homemade play dough that uses dandelion flowers for natural coloring!
- small bowls
- handful of dandelion flowers (trim off stems)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- Bring water to a boil and remove from heat. In a blender, mix the hot water and dandelions.
- Thoroughly blend the flowers and water together. Then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Now add the oil, salt, and cream of tartar. Stir until completely dissolved. (BE WARNED: It is not a pleasant color at this stage!)
- Add the flour to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Use your hands to continue mixing the dough. If it is still sticky, sprinkle in a little more flour and knead until it's no longer sticky. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!