Decorated Heart Box Crafts

Category Decorative
A heart shaped box with a cut out in the lid is perfect for making this thoughtful craft. Add the photo of someone special and decorate the inside bottom with various red and pink buttons.

I have seen people fill heart shaped boxes with roses or dried flowers. I thought they were pretty and I knew I could do something like they had. Well the best laid plans of mice and woman...I went another way.

Total Time: About 3 hours

Yield: 2

• 1 heart shaped box from Dollar Tree
  • 1 oz glue and brush
  • 1/2 stick hot glue
  • 16 in ribbon
  • photo
  • tape
  • 3 oz buttons
  • scissors

1. The first thing I did was realize when I got home that I had the opportunity to make two crafts. For the lid, I cut a piece of ribbon with gold lamé in it to match the little gold hearts, about 16". I began gluing at the pointed end. Then, I glued to the apex from the bottom again, leaving a bit of slack over the two arches.
  2. When that was done, I made a copy of my daddy in his wedding suit. He was my first Valentine and now I can see his handsome face somewhere besides the computer. The heart lid has plastic over the cutout, so that will protect it. I printed it out and traced around it for the perfect fit.
  3. I taped the photo inside and it was ready to hang. He was Hollywood handsome, IMHO, and he was also the man who saved my life when no one else would. He deserves every heart I could give him.
  4. For the bottom of the heart box, I began with some glue in the center, and picked random red and pink buttons of all sizes and styles. The glue had to cure for about 2 hours, but once it was done, I put another layer on the top to "seal" them in, waiting another hour before moving it.
  5. NOTE: I used homemade mod podge which is 25% water. I would use real 100% glue so the paper box doesn't pucker. Mine didn't, but yours might. This will also cut your drying time by about 1/2.
  6. Advertisement

7. I then glued a button to the back with just enough room for a small nail. You can use ribbon, yarn, a bread tag, etc. Hang it up and as always N-JOY!!

Turned out great and what a handsome Daddy!!!

Thanks. He was. And a kinder and more loving man I have never found since. He got to hold his great grandson for the first time and died that night after he went home.

This is what that sweet man did on his last day. You are always too kind on your comments. Thanks for this time, too.

Awwww thank you for sharing that story and this beautiful photo of that moment. Absolutely beautiful.

Crafts Framing DecorativeDecember 17, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-24 12:17:58 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️