'Loved Up' Heart Drink Coasters
This is a guide about making 'loved up' heart drink coasters
. These cute coaster make a great gift for Valentine's day. They are easy to make and can even be customized with a personal message.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a great way to remind the man in your life that he is the love of your life. Make some heart-themed drinks coasters that he can use in his man cave. An easy way to bring a message of love!
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: a set of six coasters
- six round 3mm MDF coasters, each with a diameter of 3.6"
- six 3mm MDF hearts, each 3" high
- natural rustic burlap (Hessian), enough to cover all six coasters
- red Giotto décor textile pen
- white acrylic paint
- Modge Podge
- Hard as Nails water-based varnish
- Super Glue
- standard scissors
- old newspaper to protect the working area
- old cloth
- Cut a piece of burlap that is slightly bigger than a coaster. Paint a thick layer of Modge Podge over the front of the coaster. Note: Keep the edges and the back of the coaster clean.
- Carefully place the piece of burlap onto the coaster. Working from the middle of the coaster, and from the inside towards the outside, rub out all the air bubbles from the back of the burlap. Check that the burlap sticks thoroughly to the coaster and wipe off any excess Modge Podge. Dry the coaster with the hairdryer and cut off any burlap that protrudes beyond the edges of the coaster.
- Use the red pen to color a heart and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use Super Glue to adhere the heart to the top of the coaster.
- Neatly paint the burlap around the heart with the white paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- To allow easy cleaning, apply one coat of the varnish and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Complete the rest of the set of coasters in the same way.