Cupcakes are cooked in a muffin tin instead of a cake pan, for individual small cakes. They are often used for parties instead of a traditional birthday or wedding cake, and can be decorated in all sorts of different themes for any event.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Great hobby to share with my Granddaughter. What a beautiful way to spend an afternoon.
Total Time: These take a bit of time because of the fun we have making them.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Source: Our own ingenuity
- 1 Box white cake mix and ingredients listed on box
- A Few Drops red food coloring
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 Tube Fairy Dust Sprinkles
- Tools & Supplies
- 2 heavy freezer bags (for decorating)
- cupcake wrappers
- cupcake pan
- a mixer
- small round tube
Be ready to have lots of fun & laughs!
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees F. Follow cake mix box instructions to prepare cupcakes.
- When mixing the cake mix, add a few drops of red food coloring until you get the color pink you want. Usually about 6 drops.
- Then bake cupcakes as directed on the box. Cool cupcakes completely.
- Insert a small, round tube in the middle of the cupcake and pull out just the center. Save the little piece you took out and lay it beside each cupcake.
- Now, open each can of frosting, open each baggie, fold the baggie edges down and open so you are able to fill the baggie with the frosting. First fill one baggie 1/2 way, color it with what ever surprise color you want to be hiding inside your cupcake. Then cut the tip off the baggie, seal the baggie. Squeeze the frosting in each hole and cover it with the cap you pulled out.
- Now, with all the rest of the marshmallow frosting, put it in the other baggie and squeeze it around and around the cupcake designing it nicely your own way. My granddaughter is only 10 and did most of these herself. After the frosting, we sprinkled *Fairy Dust* over the cupcakes. They were the best cupcakes ever. :)
These are so cute! Perfect for birthdays or any celebration :-)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box white frosting
- 30 large marshmallows
- colored sugar
- Birthday candles
Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
Frost cupcakes with frosting made as directed. Using kitchen scissors, cut each marshmallow crosswise into 4 slices. (Hint: oil/grease scissor blades to keep marshmallows from sticking to blades.) Sprinkle slices with colored sugar. Arrange 5 slices on each cupcake in flower shape. Place candle in center of each flower.
Source: Found the idea at bettycrocker.com
By Deeli from Richland, WARead More Comments
Cupcakes can be made to look like all sorts of things, even hamburgers! This is a page about hamburger party cupcakes.
Individual cakes can make serving dessert for birthday lots of fun and a lot easier. This page contains birthday cupcake ideas and recipes.
If you are looking for a fun birthday party activity, have the guests decorate their own party cupcakes. It is both an activity and the birthday cake.
This is a page about decorating cupcakes at a birthday party.
This is a page about making TV dinner cupcakes. Make this replica of a TV dinner complete with vegetable, mashed potatoes, and meat, using decorated cupcakes.
This is a page about Halloween cupcake ideas. Cupcakes are a great treat that can easily be decorated to fit any holiday. There are many ways to decorate cupcakes for Halloween.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.