Decorative 4th of July Recycled Candy Jars

Recycled jars can find a new purpose with a bit of holiday decorations added. Fill with candy or other snacks and enjoy. This is a page about making decorative 4th of July recycled candy jars.

I purchased three little peanut butter jars from the Dollar Tree so I would have three matching candy containers. With them and a few embellishments you can make something just like it or even better!

Total Time: 1.5 Hours

Yield: 3

• 3 small jars like I used
  • 3 Packages Dollar Tree straws
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors
  • 18 oz real candy in red, white, and blue
  • 1 plastic cookie container

1. The first thing I want to tell you is I didn't have the ability (nor should I have) to buy real candy. But I wanted you to have the same affect. So, I got on line to some copyright free candy image sites and printed some red, white, and blue ones.
  2. Advertisement

3. I trimmed them down and inserted them into the jars. I was impressed with how real they looked. You of course will use real candy. Some of the best deals are at the Dollar Tree. I looked on line as well, for 4th of July decorations and printed off some. You can do the same and stop there, gluing them on and you are set. I went a bit further.
  4. I got some patriotic straws at the dollar tree and cut them for the center, then either side, and down to the edges and glued them on. They look a little campy, but I think they turned out cute.
  5. Advertisement

6. Other thoughts went through my head to do the lids so I will list them for your consideration. Doilies, bows, confetti glued on, ribbons, mini flags, stars and anything you like that shows our wonderful colors. So there you have it. A nice dispenser or just a centerpiece for your table. Real candy or faux, it's a cute way to show your sweet side! N-JOY!

Crafts Fourth of JulyNovember 6, 2017
😎
😷
👔
🌻
🐛
🎆