Recycled Decorative Candy Jars
I purchased three little peanut butter jars from the Dollar Tree so I would have three matching candy containers. With them and a few embellishments you can make something just like it or even better!
Total Time: 1.5 Hours
- 3 small jars like I used
- 3 Packages Dollar Tree straws
- hot glue gun
- 18 oz real candy in red, white, and blue
- 1 plastic cookie container
- The first thing I want to tell you is I didn't have the ability (nor should I have) to buy real candy. But I wanted you to have the same affect. So, I got on line to some copyright free candy image sites and printed some red, white, and blue ones.
- I trimmed them down and inserted them into the jars. I was impressed with how real they looked. You of course will use real candy. Some of the best deals are at the Dollar Tree. I looked on line as well, for 4th of July decorations and printed off some. You can do the same and stop there, gluing them on and you are set. I went a bit further.
- I got some patriotic straws at the dollar tree and cut them for the center, then either side, and down to the edges and glued them on. They look a little campy, but I think they turned out cute.
- Other thoughts went through my head to do the lids so I will list them for your consideration. Doilies, bows, confetti glued on, ribbons, mini flags, stars and anything you like that shows our wonderful colors. So there you have it. A nice dispenser or just a centerpiece for your table. Real candy or faux, it's a cute way to show your sweet side! N-JOY!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.