Depositing an Old Money Order

I found a money order from 2011, for my car note. The car is paid off now. Can I take it to my bank and deposit it in my account? Is the MO any good? There is no expiration on the face. Please help.

Was the car note, like a bonus for purchasing the car or some sort? If so, you can bring it to the bank and see if it's eligible to be deposited. Or, call and ask the dealership or if they can issue you a new one.Usually there is an expiration indication on the front somewhere or in fine print?

I'd take it to the bank anyway to ask them

Check with the bank.Some money orders do not expire, Western Union does not.Some banks will charge you a fee to cash one after 3 years.If it is written to the car dealership they will probably give you a hard time.If you are the purchaser of the m/o should be okay.