Disability Aid Ideas

My Carry All Idea (for women or men): The traditional hunter's vests have many pockets. They are so nice to use as it leaves my hands free. I carry these items with me for emergencies: a whistle, cell, pad and pen, eyeglasses, reading glasses, money, medicines, etc. I added a collapsible drink holder which is easily snapped on and removable. Also they have a back pocket that is usually very long that is lower, which I find awesome where I use my back massage thingy in it. It keeps it in place. Sometimes I put a long puffy pillow in it to use for padding on my back instead.

To make it more comfortable, here is what I been thinking but have not done yet. Slitting the vests down the sides and re-hemming it with some stretchy-like swimsuit fabric or other stretchy velcro material. I think the velcro will allow me to remove it easily and attach it to my walker easily, which will be awesome and easy for me to get to my pockets and stuff, if needed.

Home Improvement Tip: Get your home remodeled and designed before your senior years or any pending disabilities, if your planning to stay in that home. As you age or need it, it gets more costly to hire the other guy to do it. But while you are younger and able bodied, you can do the work and save a bundle for something you would enjoy. Do your homework before you decide and jump into it. There are some cool stuff but think what is logical and easily adjustable, if changes are needed.

Good Luck!

If this is something you made it would be great to see it. If you bought it, can you link us to the manufacturer?

Good points. I just replaced both my bathroom toilets with higher ones but my bathroom doors are so narrow there is no way I could get in there with a wheel hair if I had to.

Basically, I am lacking technology knowledge when it comes to digital camera and downloading them. If and when I get some photos of it I will submit them. What I can tell you go to one of the outdoor hunters websites put in the search hunters vests and you should see them. Look at the pockets and figure out if this is something you can use. For the alterations I mentioned, I am sorry but you will have to use your imagination on that part. Think about what works for you and how you might benefit by putting it on your walker if for some reason you cannot or don't want to wear it all day. Good Luck!