Homemade Table Risers

My roommate is in a battery powered scooter. While she tries to keep active, often her scooter has a mind of it's own.

During a recent "Turkey and all the Fixins' Dinner", her power hand lever got caught under the lip of her work table. The scooter nearly dragged and spun the table and food to ruin. It took two of us lifting the table and turning off her chair to stop a disaster.

So, I came up with this idea. I put a smaller can of mushrooms inside a can of veggies.

As you can see, it's decorated and easy as pie to do. You just have to have the correct sizes to fit inside, raising the table so she can still work on it and still clear whatever the obstacle is.

I used veggie cans and little mushroom cans, but you can use vegetable juice cans and large fruit cans upside down inside for utility tables. Each are temporary or permanent, depending on your needs. The "temp" ones are great for picnics or food processing outside.

Now, she can pull in without worrying about spilling a pan of hot food or a big salad on her. Win! Win!

Source: Nope. Just mommy and the invention!

What a great idea! It solves the problem and recycles things at the same time. I'm thinking that maybe a little weight inside the smaller can would help if you need to stabilize this a little. You could use pebbles or sand, and just cover the open end of the can with a lid or some heavy tape. This idea could be used for all kinds of cases where something needs to be elevated! Good thinking, Sandi! You always have clever ideas!

I truly enjoy all of the 'tidbits' that you send out to all of us on Thrifty Fun...you're one in a million. Thanks!

You could also use large juice cans for table risers. You could feel the large juice cans with sand and then put the table legs in the juice cans filled with sand and they would be stable.