Using A Dishwasher With Well Water

Category Dishes
Hard well water can reduce the effectiveness of many cleaning products. It can also leave deposits on your dishes when using the dishwasher.

Would a Bosch dishwasher work with well water?

Answers

Best Answer

Normally if the water isn't hot enough the soap will not dissolve and not clean the dishes clean. Do you have a way to heat the well water in order to use this for a dishwasher? That would be the first thing to check out before investing in a dishwasher when you have a well. This would be the only issue I can see to installing a dishwasher in your home when you use well water. You really need a way to bring the well water into your home and heat this hot enough for a dishwasher to work correctly in your home.

Best Answer

Apparently you are presently using well water in your home so the only questions about a dishwasher would be:

Do you have any kind of outside filtering system for the water before going into your home?
Does your well water have rust? Do you have problems with rust in your washing machine?
Does your water have a sulfur smell?
Does water heater provide sufficient hot water? You will probably need a dish washer that heats its own water.

Any of these things could determine how well a dish washer will work and keep working.

I would suggest you discuss these things with whoever you plan to purchase your dish washer from first and if not satisfied, select 2 or 3 washers and contact the maker with your questions. Be sure to explain everything or they will not be able to tell you if their washer is the one for you.

You can always use additives to soften water but if you have rust this will not stop the damage to the machine before the water reaches your dishes.

I live in west TX where the water is hard. I'm using a liquid dishwasher detergent. The dishwasher is not getting my dishes clean and the glasses come out hazy.

I'd like to hear from someone in Lubbock who had the same problem and found a solution; different detergent, etc. I run water from the kitchen faucet until it gets hot before I start the dishwasher, but that doesn't solve the problem. I even put vinegar in the dishwasher and that didn't help.

By Betty

Answers

Best Answer

When I lived in an area without a water softner, I poured a cup of vinegar in my rince cycle to get the hard water deposit off of the glasses.

If you are getting deposits of foodstuff on the dishes, or the dishes are simply not coming clean, it is likely a detergent problem, not actually related to the water. Try different detergents. I prefer the powders. I like Calgon, but my water is soft. Also, I previously had a cheap dishwasher that didn't have enough jets to wash the top rack dishes. Nothing made a difference in that machine except only having about half a load of dishes.

I am having a problem with using my dishwasher with well water. My dishes have film on them. Any suggestions?

By Marsha

Answers

It may be several things, not just well water. If you water isn't hot enough the detergent doesn't dissolve well enough and may leave a film.

Try different brands of detergent to see if one works better. I find any kind works with very hot water. Do you use a rinse agent? It may give you better results. HTH

Once a week dump some CLR or distilled (clear) vinegar in and run it as if you have dishes (with detergent). You may need to put some powdered water softener into each load, water not soft enough from the well. Do you have a water softener? If not, get a box of Culligan, etc and put about 2 tablespoons in each wash and again in each rinse. Makes the detergent work better too, keeps the working parts of the dishwasher in top order.

I, too, have well water and the only thing that works perfectly in my dishwasher is Electrosol, (new name is Finish). I use the tablets or gel tablets. It is the only one I found without bleach or chlorine in it. All others would leave brown streaks on my dishes from chlorine in the detergent interacting with the iron in my well water.

I don't know if this would qualify as a film but my dishes are very clean and spotless. We also have a whole house filter so that helps as well.

Love my well water! Same problem with the 'efficient' dishwashers which use less water now. Finally found that using Cascade Platinum Pods gave me the best results.

What dishwasher detergent do I use for hard water?

By LOUISE NEUNER from Houston, TX

Answers:

Dishwasher Detergent for Hard Water

Add Calgon Water Softener with your detergent. (09/05/2009)

By Cajun

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 4, 2016
🌻
😎
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dishwasher-Detergent-for-Hard-Water-2.html