Display Jewelry Pins in Frames

Category Decorative
Rather than allowing your pins to languish in your jewelry box, consider displaying them in small attractive frames. This is a guide about display jewelry pins in frames.

After years of leaving pretty pins that I have in my jewelry box unworn, I decided to display them. Since I don't wear them anymore and have even lost a precious one due to it falling off my outfit, I just don't get the opportunity to display them. I decided to mount them on little frames I find at garage sales, usually in the free or 25 cent bins.

You can pick up cute costume jewelry at your local Goodwill or even garage sales, or you can display a precious family memento. Kids' awards are great too!

Total Time: It took me about an hour to put together my four framed pins

• costume or fine jewelry, family heirlooms/ pins, pretty buttons or even the broaches that your kids gave you for the holidays (when they were little)
  • an assortment of frames with or without glass
  • glue
  • felt, material, ribbon, photos or colored paper for backgrounds to match your item
  • a hole punch
  • scissors

1. Choose which pins and background materials you want for which frames. Play with colors and designs. Try contrasting colors or complementary ones!
  2. Next, cut a piece of cardboard and your background material almost the size of your frames and punch a hole in the upper center (to hang eventually). Glue material to cardboard.
  3. Ad

4. If you are using a pin, open it up and stick the pin through the material and cardboard to keep it firmly attached to the background.
  5. Fit it back into the frame. I left the glass on one display (the angel) and removed it for the other three. I chose to have the one 'branch' pin actually extend out of the frame for whimsy!
  6. Ad

Thanks for the comment about the idea! Made me happy to see my favorite pins displayed too!