Distinguishing Real Leather From Fake

The other day, we were all talking about buying new furniture and about how to distinguish real leather from fake leather. I had never given it much thought as I am not interested in my furniture being leather although it does have it's benefits. My boss told me she looked into a real leather sofa and the gentleman helping her told her you could be sure you were buying real leather by how many seams it has in it.

I looked puzzled, so she continued to explain that fake leather has fewer seams because real leather was taken from hides and there was no animal alive that could cover a whole sofa. Sure made great sense to me. So if you are in the market for a real leather sofa or chair be sure to check how many seams it has in it.

By gem from Gordonsville, VA

More Solutions

If your sofa has a very high gloss and feels very stiff/inflexible, it is very likely that it is bi-cast and not genuine leather.

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersJanuary 26, 2017
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Distinguishing-Real-Leather-From-Fake-1.html