Giving Paper an Aged or Distressed Look
December 6, 2018
Read More Comments
I am distressing a paper image in order to make it look vintage. I love making paper crafts and journals of all kinds. I went a bit far with the ink and foam brush, but the image looks awesome anyway ;)
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 distressed image
- printed image on paper
- ink pad of brown or black. There are special distressing inks at craft stores. I just picked a brown color I liked.
- foam brush
- magazine page for brushing image onto ink pad and pressing, later when glued.
- glue stick
- Open ink pad and slide all four sides of image across inkpad.
- Crumple up paper and lay face-down on ink pad. Lightly brush over image with foam brush. Puck image up off the ink pad quickly.
- Use a glue stick on back of image and place on background paper if you want, or in a journal.
- Place magazine page over top of image, after glueing in journal. Press image gently onto paper. Leave magazine page in place until glue is set.
- Enjoy your beautiful vintage image!
This is a page about creating aged or distressed scrapbook pages. Use these techniques to make your scrapbook pages look antique.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.