ScrapbookingPaper

Distressing Paper with an Ink Pad

Vote for this contest contender!

I am distressing a paper image in order to make it look vintage. I love making paper crafts and journals of all kinds. I went a bit far with the ink and foam brush, but the image looks awesome anyway ;)

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 1 distressed image

1. Open ink pad and slide all four sides of image across inkpad.
  2. Crumple up paper and lay face-down on ink pad. Lightly brush over image with foam brush. Puck image up off the ink pad quickly.
  3. Use a glue stick on back of image and place on background paper if you want, or in a journal.
  4. Place magazine page over top of image, after glueing in journal. Press image gently onto paper. Leave magazine page in place until glue is set.
  5. Enjoy your beautiful vintage image!

Anonymous

I love crafting with paper and images too. I use henna to age paper, it is cheap and it is easy to dose the aging effect. I put the henna (natural henna powder only) in a bit of hot water and let it stay for 15'. I then brush the mixture on the image, and dip the picture in water to lighten the effect if necessary. I use the same process with a plain white page. Once it has dried I brush the little bits of henna powder that could stay on the paper and then I use this page of paper in a printer and print texts on it with a sophisticated police or print an image on it. It works well. You can use ground coffee or strong tea if you can't find natural henna powder but it is not so easy to get the degree of aging effect you want. I take advantage of this post to warn people who use henna to color their hair, that black henna doesn't exist in nature. What is sold as black henna is chemical and has to be used with caution like any other chemical tint. The natural henna powder is green and will only give a slightly orange tint more or less deep depending on the natural color of your hair.

I love crafting with paper and images too. I use henna to age paper, it is cheap and it is easy to dose the aging effect. I put the henna (natural henna powder only) in a bit of hot water and let it stay for 15'. I then brush the mixture on the image, and dip the picture in water to lighten the effect if necessary. I use the same process with a plain white page. Once it has dried I brush the little bits of henna powder that could stay on the paper and then I use this page of paper in a printer and print texts on it with a sophisticated police or print an image on it.

It works well. You can use ground coffee or strong tea if you can't find natural henna powder but it is not so easy to get the degree of aging effect you want. I take advantage of this post to warn people who use henna to color their hair, that black henna doesn't exist in nature. What is sold as black henna is chemical and has to be used with caution like any other chemical tint. The natural henna powder is green and will only give a slightly orange tint more or less deep depending on the natural color of your hair.

Hi there,

Thank you and I am going to try the natural henna. It sounds fun !!!!
Have a great day!

---Robyn