Dog Losing Balance and Not Eating

Yesterday my female Shih Tzu was fine. Today she is walking funny and losing her balance. She lays by the water bowl and drinks, but hasn't eaten or gone to the bathroom all day. She moves from spot to spot, not far, but all she wants to do is sleep. All the weakness is in her hind legs. I checked them, no cuts. She didn't yelp when I moved them and they move freely. Please let me know if I need to take her to a vet right away. As,I recently lost my job and my husband is out of work due to cancer. I have limited to no money. She needs help. We love her dearly!

Anonymous
Best Answer

sounds like a tick bite - if it is , it may be too late. You must seek help - no matter what it is - as the symptoms are far too serious. Maybe the vet can let you make payments. The wee dog needs URGENT help.

Best Answer

URGENT vet care needed. It may be a tick - Ticks kill. Do not delay. Seek help. Maybe the vet will do payments.

Has she had parvo shots? Does she scratch at her ears? The symptoms could be either or something else. With parvo, they sometimes drink, but wont eat and are lethargic. An inner ear infection can make them dizzy and when dizzy dogs sometimes have trouble walking and appear weak in the legs.

Most likely, she will need to be seen by the vet.

Sounds like a vet is in need. Here is some help for financial aid for vet visits and bills:

redrover.org/.../redrover-relief

www.carecredit.com/.../

I would call the vet and explain your financial situation. Most vets will work out a payment plan with you. Your dog sounds like she is sick.

I am so sorry. What a spot to be in. It may be your girl has an inner ear infection; but you will need to see a Vet to find out. My Vet has a fund for this situation. There is a jar on the counter at the Vet hospital. Call around and find a Vet who will let you make payments, or will offer a reduced rate.

If you are unable to find someone who will treat her, you can surrender her at the humane society, or a rescue, and she will be treated. Rescues often know of resources available to you. Be sure the shelter you surrender her to is a no kill shelter. Good luck.

Anonymous

Hello - just wondering how the wee dog is now. is it ok?