House TrainingDogs

Dog Not Holding Pee During the Day

Why does my Pom go all night on my bed without peeing till I let him out, but during the day he goes to the door and barks to go out every 3 hours? If I try not to pay attention he will piddle on the floor. He is 10#s and one year old.

Best Answer

Some dogs are different. I have Bichon Frise dogs and they are small dogs. Normally they go pee quite often during the day. At night you are right, they can hold it because they don't normally drink water during the day. I would say this is normal for a small dog to pee every 3 to 4 hours for sure.

He drinks during the day. At night you walk him right before bed, and he has nothing else to drink. Think about it. You sleep all night, but during the day, you go to the bathroom more often.

I realize that but all articles say a year old dog should be holding it longer than 3 hours usually 5 hours or even longer.