Dog Poops and Pees on the Porch?
October 5, 2017
My dog is 3 yrs old. He has alway done his business in the grass and I've had him since he was 6 weeks old. Now if I take him in the front yard, he goes in the grass, but if I take him in the back yard he goes on the porch.
What can I do to make him go in grass?
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
October 5, 20170 found this helpful
Dog Pees and Poops on Porch
1. Use an enzyme cleaner on the porch to remove the scent.
2. Take your dog for walks on a strict schedule.
3. Remove food between meals.
4. Ignore the accidents and praise successes.
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 433 Posts
October 6, 20170 found this helpful
Dog pooping on porch.
- Make sure he does his business before you take him on the porch.
- He needs to get out of this habit.
- Maybe walk him before taking him outback.
- A dog usually goes to the bathroom about 20 minutes after eating.
- If you catch him in the act make a loud noise,and scold him.
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
October 6, 20171 found this helpful
You will need to determine if anything has changed in your back yard.
- Look around your backyard and find out if you have changed anything. Has a new fence been put up?
- Was the dog scared by a neighbor in your backyard?
- Some children love to tease a dog or maybe throw something in the yard. Did this happen?
- Did you cut down a tree in your backyard?
- Did you add or remove anything in the backyard?
- First off figure what has been changed in your backyard. Dogs are accustom to a certain routine and something has changed this routine for your dog.
- Once you have determined what has changed, now you can go about fixing the problem.
- You will need to show the dog there is nothing to be afraid of in the backyard.
- You might need to stay with the dog, walk him around, or wait for him to use the bathoom back there.
- If things have changed it will take time for him to adjust again and start using the grass instead of your porch to pee and poo.
Answer this Question
April 6, 20190 found this helpful
Done all this. He goes out to pee and poo. Comes to the door to be let in. If I don't let him right in he gets mad and pees right in front of the door
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.