Dog With Itchy Ears

I have a pitbull that is a year and a couple months old. Lately I've noticed that she has been shaking her head quite often. She also rubs her paws against her face. When I look in her ear I notice that it is red and feels dry. I would like a home remedy to help treat this.

By Luna

Lizzyanny is right. How can you treat "this" if you don't know what "this" is? It could be any number of things.

My old dog had terrible problems with ear infections. I spent a fortune on vet bills. Medications would help a little, but the infections would immediately come back. The vet was talking to me about surgery, which was beyond my means. I looked for an alternative and found that mixing a solution of half water and half vinegar, and using an eye dropper to put a few drops in her ears morning and night put an end to the problem. It works best if you start after the infection has been treated. But I also found that since what the vet gave me did not work well, there are some alternative ear medications I found on Amazon.

They worked better, but you may not need that. My current dog was acting similarly lately, shaking his head and pawing at his ear. I used some of the vinegar solution right away and he stopped. For my old dog I had to make this a daily routine, but for my current dog it only took a couple of treatments, so I guess it depends on how advanced it is and how susceptible the dog is to ear infections. The older dog was a Crocker Spaniel and they are prone to these problems. Give it a try. It can do no harm. Hope it helps.

I have a American Stratfordshire terrier that is about a year and a half that has hot itchy ears what can I do

Coconut oil 100 percent works

I have a am staffordshire n his one ear has dry skin we just notice lastnight how can I stop it

I completely agree!

The biggest problem with itching in dogs is diet if you don't address the diet you won't cure the problem. Dogs cannot eat grains and especially corn. Change your dogs diet to a Raw or home-cooked diet with meat as the main base and you can add fresh clean vegetables not starchy vegetables and you will solve your problem.

It will take some time to get the dogs immune response to kick in but it will work.