Dollar Tree Dinner
Vote for this contest contender!
I think you might like this dollar tree dinner I made last night. All from the Dollar Tree! I didn't have any steps as I didn't think to share till it was all done. But I have images I can share.
Prep Time: 15 minutes (during cooking time).
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1-4 servings
- 1 box New Orleans Jambalaya
- 1 John Morrell smoked sausage, sliced or diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained (or pineapple, my preference)
- 1 can olives, drained and sliced
- In larger sauce pan, cook rice according to directions. I add another 1/4 cup water as there are other ingredients to be added. While it's cooking, prep all the meat and cut up veggies and fruit.
- About mid way, add all the other goodies. Cover and simmer the rest of the way.
- This meal makes enough for four people one meal, two for two meals, or one for four meals. I ate, put enough away for lunch today and put 2 more portions in the freezer. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!