Drum Beat Card
Current contest contender!
This is a hand-drawn card with some string and sticker embellishments. I've recently taken up drumming, so this is one of my favourite cards. It's pretty easy to make, just follow along!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 card
- white card stock
- black pen
- braided cord (beige and white)
- puffy circle stickers
- red heart tape (optional)
- Cut out your card base. To make the top of the drum, lightly draw an oval in pencil.
- Draw 2 lines coming down the sides of the oval, then draw the bottom of the drum by copying the curve of the upper edge of the drum.
- With your pencil, start shading in the edges of the drum, getting lighter as you get to the center.
- Rub the lines inside the drum horizontally.
- Draw three sets of vertical lines. Trace these vertical lines and those at the back edge of the drum in black ink.
- Glue 2 pieces of beige cord onto the downward curves of the drum. Let dry. Trace the top upward curve in black ink. Add one more line with the same curvature right under it.
- To make drumsticks, cut out 2 pieces of white cord. To keep the ends looking neat, add some glue to them, then twist them. Let dry.
- Glue the drumsticks onto the drum. Stick on 2 puffy circle stickers to the ends of the drumsticks.
- Decorate the upper and bottom edges of the card with stickers, if desired. Write your message out on pink paper, then cut out and glue onto the card.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!