Drying White Roses?

Category Floral
White flowers tend to yellow as they dry, roses are no exception. But there are alternative methods you can try that may help preserve their color. This is a page about drying white roses.

How do you dry white roses and how do you keep them from turning brown?
- Julie

Answers

I dry many of my flowers in cat litter. I take the rose, and how ever long I want the stem, and carefully place it in a container. I first put some very fine (and it can be cheap cat litter) on the bottom of the container. I lay the rose on it, preferably upright. I carefully put some of the cat litter in between the petals so the rose will hold it's shape and fill up the container to cover the flower with more litter. I then put it in the microwave for about three minutes. You must let it cool completely, I usually wait a day, before I remove it from the litter. I use a small paint brush, the kind children use, to help brush away any litter from between the petals. You can also just let it dry in the litter without the microwave process, but it takes much longer. My flowers keep their color this way, no matter what color they are.

Good luck.
- Cheryl

Silica cat litter?

How long do you leave it in the cat litter if you do not microwave it?

Crafts FloralMay 16, 2013
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
Generated 2020-07-24 02:41:20 in 858 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Drying-White-Roses.html