Dubliner Au Gratin Potatoes
Dubliner is an Irish cheese that has a sweet, nutty flavor with a bite. It is a delicious choice of cheese for making creamy au gratin potatoes.
- 8 medium sized potatoes (I used Yukon Gold)
- 4 cups Dubliner cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Wondra flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, dehydrated onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 11 x 15 in. glass casserole pan. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Peel and rinse, then thinly slice the potatoes (1/4 in. thick).
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, add flour while stirring to combine.
- Increase stove temperature to medium and add the milk, onions, and garlic powder. Stir constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add 2 cups of grated cheese and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Once potatoes are cooked (firm but not crunchy) put them into prepared casserole dish. Pour sauce over potatoes and gently mix to coat.
- Sprinkle remain grated cheese over potatoes. Place in oven and bake until sauce is bubbly and cheese is slightly brown.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.