Clothing StainsCleaning

Dye Transferred in the Wash

I have this white cotton beach towel with a blue print on it. I accidentally washed my son's red shirt with it and now the white has turned pink. I have tried soaking it in soaker and then washing it and hanging it in the sun, but it's only faded the colour a little. Can you suggest anything else I can do to remove the colour with out ruining the blue print on it, so I don't have to buy a new one to replace it?

I've attached an image of the towel that I brought.

Thanks.

I don't really see an image

Unfortunateluy I don' t know a method for bleaching out the red dye without also affecting the blue, unless you manage to isolate the blue pattern such as not dunking it in the bleach solution when you treat the towel.

Soak overnight in a 5-gallon bucket of hot water with a couple of tablespoons each of hydrogen peroxide and powdered dishwasher detergent.