Dying Satin Shoes

I have a pair of white satin shoes that I want to dye (at home) sage green. Where do I find the dye for shoes? Payless will not dye them unless they are bought there. I don't want to pay a fortune at David's Bridals.

YMD from Florida

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

Yes you can dye white dyable shoes to off white with tea. I just did it right now. I made a strong tea with hot water and a bit of vinegar (which I used to dye my veil), then, I used one of the tea bags and rubbed it on the shoes lightly. I just did it as a test to see if it worked and it was great! They are now exactly like my dress (off white/ light ivory). (11/05/2008)

By Patty