Dyeing Satin Shoes?

Category Shoes

How do I dye satin shoes? What kind of dye do I need and where can I buy it?

By Lora from Milwaukee, WI

I have always heard that it should be done professionally at a shoe repair shop or have the dealer send them a place that dyes shoes.

Can I dye gray, satin shoes an eggplant purple? What sort of dye should I use?

By kirstin Copenhaver from Aliso Viejo, CA

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

Yes that was done a lot "back-in-the-day", especially for bridesmaids. They'd buy a liquid shoe dye that was made specially for this and you'd apply the dye with a dabber that came with the bottle of dye, or we would go to a store that sold wedding dresses and they would dye the shoes to match your dress for free if you bought your shoes from them.

Call or e-mail these guys and ask them. They know everything about dyes and dyeing and they sell just about every quality dye available!

Dharma trading: 1 (800) 542-5227
www.dharmatrading.com

* For some reason, their web site is down as I write this. But, I'm sure they are still in business. If you can't bring up their web site, just call them. They are simply amazing in their vast knowledge of dyes! (03/18/2010)

By Cyinda

Dying Satin Shoes

I had bought bottles of shoe dye from "Michaels" a while back. (03/24/2010)

By carolcoen

I have a gold pair of satin shoes. I only have 3 days to re-dye these shoes. I could not find the perfect pair in navy blue, but found the perfect shoe in the wrong color. I have to do these myself. I don't have time to have them done by someone else.

By Sherrie from TX

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

It's a little late for this, your 3 days are up, but Payless Shoe Source will dye your shoes for you. (04/19/2009)

By Joy

I have a pair of white satin shoes that I want to dye (at home) sage green. Where do I find the dye for shoes? Payless will not dye them unless they are bought there. I don't want to pay a fortune at David's Bridals.

YMD from Florida

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

Yes you can dye white dyable shoes to off white with tea. I just did it right now. I made a strong tea with hot water and a bit of vinegar (which I used to dye my veil), then, I used one of the tea bags and rubbed it on the shoes lightly. I just did it as a test to see if it worked and it was great! They are now exactly like my dress (off white/ light ivory). (11/05/2008)

By Patty

Does anyone know how to remove a light pink dye from shoes? I have had 3 pairs shoes dyed, trying to make a taupe color and they turn out pink.

Crafts Clothing ShoesJanuary 17, 2011
📓
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf87548460.tip.html

ShoesClothing