January 17, 20070 found this helpful
Try this with your class, scout group, kids, or adult birthday party! Especially good for Earth Day (April).
Two Equivalent Food Items; one with 'over' packaging and one with plain and simple packaging. (Examples: Pepperidge Farm cookies and the housebrand equivalent, boxed cereal and bagged cereal, or string cheese with a corporate character vs the plain wrapped string cheese).
- Remove the items from the package and place separately in a plain plastic bag or on a plain paper plate.
- Be sure to note which item came from which package (Example, write lightly on the underside of the paper plate).
- Blindfold your audience (optional). Ask your contestants to observe, feel, smell, and taste the items.
- Ask and vote "Is one item better than the other?"
- Discuss. Packaging does not make something better!
Save money buying housebrands forever more.
By pretty cheap jewelry from California